About the Village
Feel secure living in a gated community!
- solar panels to decrease electricity charges
- recycled water for garden maintenance
- extensive manicured gardens with recycled watering system
- a well appointed Community centre, drop in for a cup of tea or a glass of wine. Watch a film or hold your next party here!
- care assistance if required
- close to public transport with bus at the front gate
- pet friendly
25 apartments designed by award winning architects Calder Flower:
- 2 bedrooms plus study
- each apartment has an ensuite and main bathroom with laundry
and large balconies or generous terraces
- oversized car spaces and storage cages
- underground and secure parking
- split system air conditioning
- dishwasher, microwave, electric cooktop and oven
- gas hot water system
- ample power points
- internet access points & access to Foxtel
- priority access to any of the services provided by BCAC
What is Included?
All inclusions are supplied and maintained by Bankstown City Aged Care
You will only need to bring and maintain your own:
- washing machine & dryer.
If required you will need to sign up for your own:
- personal plan for phone, internet and Foxtel with your provider.
Your monthly recurrent fee ensures that all equipment supplied by us, fees and charges, rates, lawns, gardens maintenance and repairs are managed by us.
Bankstown City Aged Care will administer and look after your:
- land rates
- insurances (building only)
- gardening fees
- general electricity and water
- usage for the village (not including your personal metered usage)
- community centre
- general maintenance.
'Tom Thumb' Community Centre
A special inclusion in Donington Gardens is the provision of the Community Centre, named ‘Tom Thumb’ after the tiny boat in which Bass and Flinders explored and charted the coastal inlets and rivers around Port Jackson.
The centre provides village residents with an attractive and spacious venue for parties, movies, functions, sports classes, craft classes or other activities that the management committee may initiate. Included is a gas ‘open fire’ complete with marble fireplace, a bar*, screen for movies, fully functioning kitchen with catering size refrigerators and freezers as well as a small library and memorabilia display cabinet.
The ‘Tom Thumb’ opens via folding glass doors to an outdoor paved sandstone area covered by pergola with BBQ.
*terms and conditions of bar usage, payment, consumption and so forth will be worked out after residents move in by the residents themselves, appointing their own management committee if they wish.